Definition

Bodger: (noun) person who dwells in woods;

Sunday 17 February 2013

Hiding in the woods


An interesting week with a mix of different activities. The weather has been pretty varied to match!

Monday
I went out and did the figure 8 route from last week in 33.07 mins. TherRoute is 5.81 km as mapped on MapMyRun. Not bad. I honestly though this would be about 4.5 km and I would be slow. But that isn't too bad at all.

Wed
I dragged my self out for a run in the snow.  It wasn't too bad as I decided to wear my waterproof.  Water level on the Thames was pretty high again, meaning I had to skirt across some fields at one point to avoid the flooded path.  I forgot to take my watch with me so I have no idea how long I was out, but must have been around half an hour.  I haven't mapped it yet, but I will and post the distance, but it was shorter than Monday's route.

Fri
I went out to help a SAR friend plan for a SEBEV exercise in Bracknell forest, which involved running/walking/orienteering. No idea of mileage, out about 2.5 hrs with a pack, great day, good weather

Sat
I was helping out SEBEV by hiding on the SAR Tech course. Weather was fantastic and I had fun hiding in the bushes while others tried to find me.

Sun
Went for a walk along the river and canal with friends who were visiting. Did about 10 miles. Lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment