Definition

Bodger: (noun) person who dwells in woods;

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Alternative commute

Yesterday (Tuesday) I decided that I would run home from work.  I took my kit in with me and changed for the run home, stuffing my pack with the clothes I had been wearing during the day.  This proved to be really good training for the SLMM; my pack was quite full, not really heavy but heavy enough.  From the Museum to Paddington station is 2.46 km which I did in 13:56, including fielding a phone call from the estate agent!  From Reading station home I ran a 6.79 km route in 34:32.  That is a total of 9.25 km in 48:28 which isn't a bad time given I was carrying a pack.  I probably took longer than this as I stopped at Staples to buy ink on the way and didn't time that bit, so it is probably closer to the 60 min mark.  Either way it was a good experience and one I will be repeating again.  It is an easy way to fit in another training session without it taking up time I could use for other stuff.  I can always extend the route at either end to give a longer run in total.

No comments:

Post a Comment