Definition

Bodger: (noun) person who dwells in woods;

Wednesday 14 March 2012

cross training in the pool

I went for a swim today for about 50 minutes.  Still no idea how far I swam as I lost count. Again.  That's what I enjoy about swimming.  You just plough (in my case more horse drawn than turbo charged John Deere) up and down the lanes and have to concentrate on very little except your stroke.  It lets my mind wander all over the place, usually fantasising about racing well, or being even fitter. Very rarely do I think about work while I am swimming. But I do lose count.

I am finding swimming hard work after a while not going as regularly, but I hope to return to my former level soon.  I am also banking on the fact that it will help me be a better runner, by using my core muscles and developing my stamina a bit.  It certainly can't hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment