Definition

Bodger: (noun) person who dwells in woods;

Saturday 3 March 2012

Hammered by hills in Surrey

Today I took part in the March edition of the G3 race, a 10 km (ish) trail run through the beautiful area around Newlands Corner, near Guildford.  This is a three race series, although I have only taken part in two of the this year.  I did all three races about 2 or 3 years ago.  I ran pretty well today I thought.  The hills were killer as always, but I ran up everyone.  I won several moral battles by running uphill past people who later ran back past me on the down hills.  If only I could get better at running downhill, I'd probably finish races a bit quicker.  I was very pleased to finish in 1:00:43, which is the fastest I have ever done one of these races.  The hill training gained on this race will come in handy for the SLMM.  I finished in place 121/263 (57/93 in category), not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment