Definition

Bodger: (noun) person who dwells in woods;

Friday 2 March 2012

Inspiration and motivation

I am reading a really good book: 'Can't Swim Bike Run' by Andrew Holgate.  It's by a guy who turned himself from an overweight man into an Ironman triathlete.  His determination is amazing and his ability to just keep going really is very inspiring.  In the book Holgs says that keeping a blog about his training really helped with his motivation, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I am in a bit of a low at the moment and I'm not feeling very motivated.  I have a bit of lingering cold and I am using it as an excuse not to get out running. So i thought I'd start this blog and start keeping a public record of my training (even if no-one reads it!) in the hope that it will keep me motivated.

My training does have a point.  I am working towards the Saunders Lakeland Mountain Marathon this July.  Approximately 40 km over two days with no doubt a lot of climbing, carrying a pack with my overnight gear.  I did the OMM last October and I have got the bug.  I am dragging a friend on it for her first time and I think I have scared her into training pretty hard, so I need to keep up.

So this is my first post and the start of my charting of my progress. Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment