Definition

Bodger: (noun) person who dwells in woods;

Sunday 18 March 2012

Week round up

So I haven't updated for a couple of days, so here is what I have achieved since Wednesday.

On Thursday I went out for a longish run.  My aim was to run for 2 hours, without worrying about the distance.  I set out on a 20 km route, but as I was running up the final hill I still had another 5 mins to go, so I tacked a loop on to the end.  In the end I ran about 22 km (I need to re-map it due to some software inadequacies) in 2:05 which isn't bad going and achieved my aim.

Friday was a busy day with field work and then first aid cover, so I didn't get out to do any exercise proper, but got plenty of fresh air, so was pretty tired by he end of the day.  Saturday my aim was to go swimming but I resolutely failed due to a combination of a lie in and domestic chores.

Sunday was a bit of an epic day.  I met Dave in Nuffield for a long run.  Again, our aim was to spend some time running without worrying about the distance.  Dave had planned a fantastic route which took in the Ridgeway, the Thames, the Icknield Way which came out at about 11 miles.  We finished this bit in 2 hours.  It was a fantastic run, great scenery and the weather was kind.  Dave had cunningly planned a loop from the car, so we decided to do that as well, which was about another 5 miles. So we set off to do that.  We were both pretty tired by this time and did a fair amount of walking up hills in that final hour, but we finished in 3:03 having covered about 16 miles.  I will update this once Dave has sent me the route file with the total distance. It was hard work, especially the final hour, but it was good to have been on our feet 3 hours and covered a fair amount of distance.  It bodes well for the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment